-->

Monday, May 14, 2012

Meet Our New Welcome Baby Interns!


We are happy to introduce our new Welcome Baby interns.  Each semester Welcome Baby receives new interns to run the program.  We hope you can get a chance to meet them.  They are excited to get to work!

Socorro
I am the oldest of nine kids and I grew up in good old Orem, Utah.  I’m now a senior at UVU and I’m hoping to be graduating this December in Community Health Education.  I love health and helping people to live life to their fullest potentials!   I love to dance and read.  I was a ballerina and a ballroom dancer growing up, and I love to read everything from sci-fi/fantasy to self-help books!  My husband and I have been married for almost four years now, and we just had our very first baby girl this last December.  I absolutely love being a mommy, it has been the hardest, most challenging, and yet the most rewarding thing I’ve done in my entire life! Welcome Baby is such a wonderful program that I’m glad to have been able be a part of as a new mom, and now I’m very excited to have the chance to be an intern and be more involved with the parents in my community!  


Chelsy
Hi, my name is Chelsy. I’m one of the new interns with Welcome Baby and I’m very excited to be working with the United Way of Utah County. I’m currently a student at Brigham Young University and I’m studying Human Development & Family Studies. I love learning about child development and how the family plays an important role in the lives of children. I’m originally from Canada, and I enjoy the outdoors and dancing. I also like to garden and my husband and I look forward to our home grown vegetables this year. I am excited for my experience here with Welcome Baby because it is such a wonderful and helpful program for families.

Maren
My name is Maren and I’m excited to be an intern here at Welcome Baby!  I’m a single mom with three great kids.  I’m a full time student at UVU studying behavioral science with an emphasis in family studies.  I’m looking forward to graduating in the fall.  I enjoy dancing, reading, and spending time with my family and friends.  I hope to learn how to strengthen my family and families in the community.



Brooke
I’m a married mother of four beautiful children; Rielly 13, Brighton 7, Kinilau 6, and Semisi 1.  My passions are playing with my children, reading, and baking delicious treats! Both my husband and I are students at Utah Valley University.  I will graduate with a Bachelors in Public and Community Health summer of 2012, then will be applying to a Physician’s Assistant program.  Healthcare has always been my passion, but interning with Welcome Baby at United Way is an exciting opportunity and will give me great experience within community.



No comments:

Post a Comment