-->

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

What's in a name?

As a first time expecting mother one of the most intriguing things for me has been choosing a name for the little one growing inside me. When I found out I was having a boy I became much more anxious to find the "perfect" name for my little guy. The problem? My husband and I cannot agree on boy names! So I have been searching books, magazines, and the Internet to find that one special name, that we can both agree on. I found a list of the Top 100 names of 2011 and I will post the top 10 for boys and girls.

The Top Ten for Girls
10. Abigail
9. Emily
8. Madison
7. Chloe
6. Lily
5. Ava
4. Olivia
3. Isabella
2. Emma
1. Sophia

The Top Ten for Boys
10. Logan
9. Lucas
8. Noah
7. Ethan
6. Jayden
5. Jacob
4. Liam
3. Mason
2. Jackson
1. Aiden

To see the entire list click here

Hopefully this list can help you in your quest to find that special and perfect name for your little one! I did find some information on why names are so important for infants:
  • What to pay attention to: social cues are one way for infants to learn from other people and to know what information to pay attention to
  • When infants hear their name it enhances their attention to objects and also enhances their brain activity
  • When your infant does not seem to be paying attention, try to use his or her name. Even if babies do not appear to respond, most likely they are paying close attention to what you are saying 
Information found here


No comments:

Post a Comment